|This is the under 8 size swimwear on www.elizabethhurley.com|
- Do you have a young daughter? What do you think of Liz Hurley's new line of bikinis for girls? Huffington Post has a video.
- Another HuffPo piece on why the third trimester is actually kind of awesome, just for all you preggos out there, or those who want to reminisce.
- I'd never thought of making snack food like these cinnamon almonds in a crock pot. Might just have to try this soon.
- My friend Leigh penned a brilliant article for Jacobin Magazine about the real reason why the space program has fizzled.
- Have you seen any news articles on the recent study on sleep training methods & their impact on babies? Annie of PhD in Parenting takes a closer look at the actual methodology of the study & discovers what the study actually proved.
- I found an online service that helps manage your Twitter account, specifically to filter by who's not following you back. Unless it's a Twitterati like Margaret Atwood who can't possibly keep up with all her followers, or a service like Translink Information, I think it's poor etiquette not to follow back & perfectly reasonable to unfollow those who don't reciprocate.
- The results (en francais, for those of you who can read it) of an interesting study in France looking for the sociological reasons behind the huge variation in breastfeeding levels among French women.
- I love nearly every Tyee piece I read, I have to admit, but this one is stellar. 'The Parable of the Textbook', by Henry Yu, an exerpt from the first chapter of "Too Asian?": Race, Privilege and Post-Secondary Education. This new collection of essays is a response to "Too Asian?", an article published in Maclean's magazine nearly two years ago on race in Canadian universities.
- Yet another study that adds to the mountain of evidence that there is safety in numbers for cyclists, this time in Philadelphia. Check out the article here.
- Not only to we need more bikes on the road, we need more on our walls. Bike art! Get some here.
Could you possibly head over to Circle of Moms & vote for The Sprog in the Top 25 Canadian Blogs? Just click on the badge over there →
You can vote daily, by the way. ;)