|Some random dinosaur silliness from our summer|
Since it's nearly the end of the summer, I thought I'd check in on my bucket list to see how we've done. As you can see, not terribly well:
Swimming at an outdoor pool--New Brighton, Kits, or Third Beach Picnic at the beach
- Hiking at least once--maybe Quarry Rock
- Camping--probably tent camping by car, though I'm sure the Yuba could handle all our gear...
Biking around Stanley Park
- Taking a ferry--maybe Victoria, maybe the Gulf Islands, maybe both?
Get Slurpees--I know they're just sugar water slightly frozen, but they're just so summery!
- Having friends over for a barbeque--since we got our deck all redone last summer we need to break it in properly!
Farmers Market shopping--no excuse not to, with two markets within a ten-minute ride of home: Trout Lake market Saturdays & Mount Pleasant market Sundays. Go to the PNE--we've gone every single year since Linnaeus was born: this will be his FIFTH time!
- See at least one outdoor movie--I love the Fresh Air Cinema events!
If posing next to weird roadside attractions & public art pieces were on the list, we'd have scored much higher. We may be able to squeeze in a few more of the above, but I think hiking, camping, & the outdoor movies aren't going to happen, sadly. Ah well. There's always next year...