@northwestmommy whatcha think about 10Things In My Purse? I'd love to see if everyone else hauls as much crap as I do. #MondayListicles
— Ducky(@batcrapcrazy) January 17, 2013
|The purse in question|
- A pack of Kleenex. I don't really buy this stuff, we just use hankies or toilet paper at home & the occasional napkin from a cafe.
- Makeup. I do have some lip balm & possibly a lipstick in my purse, but I don't wear eye or face makeup much, so I don't carry it with me.
- Diapers. I am so happy not to be toting several big, fluffy cloth diapers plus change pad & cloth wipes in a wet bag around with me everywhere we go. I'm not exactly thrilled that we need to rely on disposable training pants; I investigated cloth ones, but decided against it after hearing how not absorbent they are. At least the sposies don't take up as much space in my purse.
- A nail file. I am obsessive about having my nails perfectly filed & it drives me nuts when I break one but don't have a file with me. Must remedy this situation soon.
- A grocery or To Do list. Unless you count my smartphone. I use a great free app called Evernote to keep my lists & notes of things to remember. Bonus: you can make your lists with tick boxes & tick them off as you accomplish/buy stuff!
- A brush or comb. My hair isn't that long & doesn't really tangle, so I find if I need to, I can style it with my fingers. Never felt the need to carry a hair styling tool.
- A chequebook. I remember seeing my mom hauling hers out back in the day. I do have one, but it lives at home, getting used only a handful of times per year. Does anybody carry these anymore?
- Toys. I don't actually have any in my purse at the moment, but I usually carry around a small car or something to entertain Sprout when we're out.
- Tampons or Pads. Haven't used these much at all for over a decade. I use a reusable DivaCup instead--if you haven't heard of it, check out their FAQ.
- Small animals. I swear, considering how many crumbs are in there from Sprout's half-eaten snacks, there should be a mouse living in there...
Check out Stasha's blog for a link up to tons of other hilarious bloggers' lists every week.
Join in the fun yourself or just read along here:
Like what you see here? Subscribe to The Sprog & don't miss another post!