Yesterday I spent a little time thinking about what we've done so far & brainstorming what additional things we could do to help get Sprout ready to be a big brother.
So far we have:
- regularly talked about the pregnancy & birth in a way we think he can understand
- brought him to the 20-week ultrasound
- got him to phone his Nana to tell her the gender: "Hi Nana! I'm gonna have a sister!"
- encouraged him to sing to or talk to his sister
- got him a new adjustable chair so the booster/high chair is free for the baby
- buy/find some library books about having a baby sibling (mainly for Sprout, maybe one or two for me too)
- talk to him in advance about what to expect when I have the baby (we're planning a hospital birth & he'll stay home)
- get him to make or choose a gift for his sister
Follow The Sprog here too: