|Photo Credit: Redcorn Studios [Matt] via Compfight cc|
Though today's weather isn't exactly summery, a rainy day seemed like a good time to daydream a little about what I'd like to get up to this summer. Since finding a job is proving to be rather difficult when pregnant, it looks like I'll have quite a bit of time (if not money) on my hands to do many of these things.
- Travel (via transit, as usual) to Victoria to visit friends.
- Edit: Whoops! Forgot #2... Heh.
- Go camping: probably tent camping with a car at a provincial park--nothing too strenuous.
- Stay on at least one of the Gulf Islands for a weekend or more.
- Go hiking: likely not anywhere too ambitious--given my 'delicate condition'--maybe a quick one to Quarry Rock or something?
- Visit Spanish Banks at low tide & play on the sand bars.
- Go to the Vancouver International Children's Festival at least once.
- Have a picnic dinner in a park somewhere.
- Host a barbeque with friends.
- Make popsicles! I keep seeing great recipes for interesting & healthy versions online that I need to try.
- Go swimming in an outdoor pool like Kits or New Brighton.
- Visit the PNE. Should be fun this year with a rambunctious three-year-old & me at about 38 weeks pregnant. Gulp.
- See some outdoor movies. It was so much fun last year seeing The Princess Bride in David Lam Park, Monty Python & The Holy Grail & Labyrinth in Ceperley Meadows. I definitely want to do it again!
Follow The Sprog here too: