|Fave #6: daytrips in Modo cars|
- Sleep in. Yes, I still get to do this sometimes, even though I have two small children. I suspect being a nightowl is genetic.
- Make pancakes or French toast. Then eating them smothered in real maple syrup.
- Go for walks with the family. Usually these walks are to the grocery store, pharmacy or park, but it's nice to get out & move.
- Get errands done by myself. I biked down to a textile recycling place (more on that later this week) all alone yesterday & it was awesome.
- Treats like gourmet doughnuts or ice cream. Our neighbourhood is kind of a mecca for that, with a half dozen bakeries, a high-end doughnut shop, a cupcake place, & a Dairy Queen within a ten-minute walk of our house.
- Book a Modo vehicle & take a little daytrip. This is on my to do list for the year: visiting somewhere fun that's too far to walk, bike or bus, like Steveston or Lighthouse Park.
- Go out for brunch. We haven't actually done this since Bronte was born, but I'd like to get back into it.
- Go on bike rides. These family rides are on hold for a few more months until Bronte is a bit older. Can't wait to start up again!
- Sew things. I tend to squeeze in little projects here & there during the week, but on the weekends when Oli's home, I can sometimes even get a whole hour or two to concentrate on sewing something. Sometimes.
- Impromptu get-togethers with friends. We were invited to dinner at the last minute by some of our friends who live just around the corner last weekend & it was a really wonderful evening.
There you have it. I don't get to do all these things every weekend, but I do at least one of them. What are your favourite things to do on the weekend?
Follow Spokesmama here too: