|I wear a wedding band, but we didn't bother with the engagement ring.|
- Engagement ring. We just skipped this part--it's not a very old tradition & only really started to prop up the diamond industry. We invested the money in real estate instead.
- White wedding dress. I did wear a skirt, but since our wedding was at the top of a mountain we hiked up, it was a blue quick-dry fabric running skirt from MEC.
- Wedding then reception. We got married, then had our honeymoon & when we came back we had a party.
- Naming our son after a man in the family. We gave him a first & middle name we liked. Our daughter does have her paternal grandmother's name as her middle one, though.
- Christenings. Not being religious at all, we never bothered with these.
- Weihnachtsteller. This is a tradition my husband grew up with--a plate of goodies given on Christmas Eve. We follow my family's tradition of stockings instead.
- Christmas presents. Okay, my husband & I buy for each other, as well as presents for children in the family, close friends' children, but not the adults like my sisters or our parents. It got to be just too much shopping, so we started donating money instead.
- Burials. Everybody that I know of in my family was cremated.
- Thanksgiving & Easter dinner. We often have a family dinner then, but not always.
- Summer vacations. I grew up going camping & travelling across the province to see family in the summers, but Oli & I just haven't really done much travelling in the summers due to our jobs & having the kids the last few years. I'd really like to start at least camping once or twice every summer though.
Follow Spokesmama here too: