|Counting the days until Christmas on our advent calendar.|
- Playing with Bronte a lot, but frustrated with her for not understanding what he wants her to do. This often devolves into him dragging her by the arm into his play scenario & her objecting vociferously, then me breaking it up.
- Showing a lot more empathy toward me & his sister, trying to hug her or saying things to help her feel better. It's nice to see him being so sweet.
- Referring to conversations we had previously & capable of understanding much more in general.
- Constantly sick with some bug or another, resulting in crankiness, occasional random late afternoon naps, & a whole lot of snot.
- Colouring (well) in the lines, when he is at all interested in bothering with crayons, which isn't often.
- Really into his "potty mouth", chanting "POO POO" until his sister gets in on the act. Though this has lessened compared to a couple of weeks ago.
- Again banned from eating lollipops. I thought he was okay with them, but recently he accidentally swallowed one after he'd pulled it off the stick. It got stuck in his throat--not his airway, as he could breath just fine--but it was quite painful & upsetting to him, then he vomited it up.
- Quite good at counting to twenty, though he often misses a number or two in the teens. We do it every day when we count the number of days until Christmas & then put that number up on our giant felt advent calendar.
- No longer nervous about getting his hair cut. A couple of weeks ago he said his hair was getting in his eyes & demanded we make an appointment immediately. When we went to the Hair Loft (kids' hair specialists in Granville Island Kids Only Market) a few days later, he was quite excited & happy about the whole thing.
Follow Spokesmama here too: