|Serging baby wipes in my crammed-full sewing room.|
*this may be the only photographic evidence of Sprout
actually using a pacifier, by the way. He was not a fan.
When I think back, waaaay back, thoughout my creative career, I've tried a lot of things. With varying levels of success. Though I still have the gear to do nearly all of the following arts--my sewing room is idiotically crammed with stuff--I just don't have time in my life to do as many as I'd like to these days.
Here's my list of what I can remember:
- sewing, embroidery, cross-stitch
- clothing & costume design
- printmaking: screen printing, potato printing, intaglio, lino cuts, making my own stamps
- shrinky dinks
- jewellery making: macrame & friendship bracelets, earrings, bead looming (is that even a verb?)
- painting on canvas, walls, paper, glasses, clothing & bodies
- making greeting cards
- fabric dyeing
- collage & paper making
- writing (bad) poetry
- paper lantern making
- sculpture & pottery
- doll & stuffed animal making
- weaving, crochet & knitting
- woodworking (mostly furniture), wood burning, wood carving
- stilt walking & performance art
- - - - - - - -
Why Monday lists? Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I've decided to do the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing.