|Sprout calls this a phone, but has never seen a real one like it.|
- The first thing I do in the morning, before getting out of bed, is to check Twitter & Gmail, usually Facebook too, from my smartphone.
- I haven't used an alarm clock for years, I'm woken by a rooster who lives inside my smartphone.
- My son pretends he's talking on a phone by holding things like a domino, cracker or SD card to his ear.
- I expect wifi at pretty much every single restaurant or cafe that I go to.
- I'd say 90% of my reading is done in an ereader app or on my netbook.
- I've met a significant number of friends & acquaintances online first.
- My toddler has a blog about him, rather than a baby book.
- I have sent text messages to my husband & chatted online while in the same house, sometimes the same room.
- Gas prices of $1.20/L seem like a good deal.
- The going rate for teenage babysitters is five times what it was when I started babysitting in the late 80s.
Why Monday lists? Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I've decided to do the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing.
Tea Swamp Park & Hula Seventy are not the only ones doing lists, however. Click on the Listicles badge to the left to check out NorthWestMommy's list & 'assignment' for next week.
Also, I made a new blog button.
What do you think?