This weeks Listicles topic is Ten Firsts. Having a toddler around means I get to see a lot of firsts on a regular basis, so I'm kinda jaded about his. Thought I'd throw in some about me too. ;)
|Thank you Google for this idea!|
- My first time seeing Raffi in concert.
- The first photobook I've made arrived in the mail.
- First Instagram (I know, I'm really late to the party)
- First time I've bought a winter coat in ages.
- Yesterday was the first time Sprout's not cried because of fireworks. Last Halloween & at New Years he was completely terrified of them.
- First time I tried making chocolate covered caramels. (will not be my last... mmm...)
- I made it to the 9am Saturday deep water aquafit class at the pool for the first time. Been intending to do that for, oh, about SIX MONTHS.
- This year will be the first Hallowe'en that Sprout can actually walk--last year he was only crawling, so trick-or-treating didn't really work.
- This week is the first week I've actually used data on my phone--had a data block & only used wifi for the past year & a half that I've had a smartphone.
- Saturday night was the first Halloween party I didn't plan my costume ahead at all. I normally think about it well in advance because I love dressing up, but this year, I just... didn't. I pulled my witch hat out & wore black. Pretty pleased with the costume I whipped up for Oli though: made an apple with two yogurt lids & two sharpies, clipped it to his bowler hat & dressed him in a shirt, tie & trench. Voila: 'Son of Man', by Rene Magritte.
Why Monday lists? Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I've decided to do the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing.
Tea Swamp Park & Hula Seventy are not the only ones doing lists, however. Click on the Listicles badge to the left to check out NorthWestMommy's list & 'assignment' for next week.