|Pinocchio, from Wikimedia Commons.|
This week's Listicles topic is a fun one, sort of a quiz for you. Anja came up with the idea & I love it: writing a list of ten facts about ourselves... but only one of them is true. I used to play a game like this with my ESL students, to get them practicing yes/no questions, so I have to admit, it was pretty easy to write. (That's my excuse & I'm sticking with it. Not a compulsive liar or anything. Really.)
Your mission--should you choose to accept it--is to read through my list, identify which statement is the true one, then report the number in your comment below. Just to make it harder, I mixed truth & lies in some of the statements, so you actually have to find which one is entirely true, not just partly true. Good luck!
- I love our neighbourhood, but I'd love to live a block or two north of where we do.
- I'm 5'6 &1/2" tall, though I always say I'm 5'7".
- I love California Rolls, but only when made with fake crab meat, as I hate real crab.
- I didn't dye my hair any unnatural colours when I was in art school, but I had very short purple hair later on when I was in university.
- I've had a lot of pets over the years & most of them have been mammals.
- I started sewing with a machine when I was 11 years old.
- I've biked in every country that I've travelled to: Germany, France, Belgium, England & the US.
- My favourite novel is Les Misérables. I read it in English first then en français when I studied French Literature in university.
- We considered naming our son after his two grandfathers.
- I can't tolerate caffeine & haven't had a caffeinated beverage for several years now.
Why Monday lists? Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I've decided to do the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing.
Tea Swamp Park & Hula Seventy are not the only ones doing lists, however. Click on the Listicles badge to the left to check out NorthWestMommy's list & 'assignment' for next week.
Nothing says “best gift ever” like a gray fox!
Starting at just $40, Gifts of Canadian Nature help protect habitat for Canada’s native wildlife. A Gift of Canadian Nature lasts for years to come and is a gift that gives thrice! Once to the recipient with a personalized certificate and a beautiful calendar, once to the giver with a charitable tax receipt, and once to Canadian wildlife. This year we are featuring the snowy owl, the grizzly bear, the caribou, the gray fox and the Canada lynx. Click the image or follow this link for more information.