|Comfy cotton dress for a work Christmas party|
So, without further ado, here is my list:
- Eating pretty much whatever I want. Oh, sure, I'll try to cram in my daily fruit & veggie quota, plus whole grains as I've been doing for years, but I have no intention of dieting this year. I'm still going to eat that cheesecake. & the poutine. Probably the chocolate too.
- Using social media every day. I will keep posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, Pinterest & sometimes even Google Plus. & I'll be doing it while I'm at the playground with my son or having lunch out with a friend. So ppphhhthhllt!
- Staying in my pyjamas & bathrobe well into the afternoon on lazy days. I don't do this every day--I wear normal clothes when I go out. But when it's chilly & raining (sadly this is from October through June in Vancouver) & I have nowhere I need to be, you'll be likely to find me in my jammies at lunch time.
- I'm going to keep trying to exercise an average of 40 minutes a day. Not more. I hate going to the gym & I'd much rather get my exercise with the occasional class (but it has to be social with people I know or I won't stick to it) but mainly just from walking & biking where I have to go. I've got no fitness or weight loss goals for this year. Just status quo in terms of my activity.
- My hair colour. It's been years since I've dyed my hair--nearly five, I think. I stopped out of concern for what the chemicals in the dyes might do to my health. As I get more grey hairs, I revisit this decision, but I'm still resolved to stick with my natural colour.
- Eating out. I know we probably spend a lot of money each year at cafes, restaurants & for the occasional takeout meal. But I like going to restaurants. There is such a huge variety in my neighbourhood & so many of those places make things that I can't easily do well at home, like sushi, artisanal bread & poutine. We only eat a few meals a week out, including lunches & I don't see that changing anytime soon.
- Wearing whatever I feel like. Even when I dress up for events, I still wear things that are comfy (see above photo). As soon as the weather warms up a bit--usually in April or May--my Birkenstocks come out & don't go back into storage until at October. I like to look good, but what I wear has to be comfy. I'm no slave to fashion & I have no resolutions based on looking more stylish this year.
- Watching crappy reality TV. I consider nearly all reality TV to be crappy, but that won't stop me from watching a four-episode-straight run of HGTV home improvement/real estate shows on their website or my other guilty pleasure: Bones. Yes, it's soooo predictable. Yes, it's completely unrealistic forensics. But I don't care.
- Having a fairly disorganized house. I grew up in a home that was pretty neat & orderly, but I guess that trait isn't genetic, because my house is nothing like that. I have some intentions of divesting myself of a lot of old, unneeded clothing, kitchen stuff, games & other assorted crap. However, I don't plan to start any kind of campaign to turn our bungalow into a showpiece of orderliness. (See above photo background for evidence)
- Writing Listicles! I'm not going to make any promises that I'll do it every single week--been there, done that already--but I'll definitely write my fair share of them in 2013!
What are you NOT planning to change this year? Got any bad habits you just feel like keeping around? Share them with us in the comments!
Click the button over there to the left & head on over to North West Mommy's Listicle Linky if you'd like to read more lists like the one above. You can even join in the fun & link up your own list too!
Like what you see here? Subscribe to The Sprog & don't miss another post!