|An oldie from when he was a few months old|
- Eating pink grapefruits. I don't cut them in half & eat them with a spoon. I peel them like an orange--which I find somehow more satisfying because of all the pith, then I peel the membrane off each segment & eat them one by one.
- Crazy socks. I love interesting patterned socks. The ones I'm currently wearing have sharks on them. I've also got Union Jack socks (a gift from a friend who went to England--I'm not a monarchist or anything), zebra striped, three pairs of leopard socks, lots of stripey socks--many of them knee-high.
- California rolls. Since I discovered them about 15 years ago, I've ordered cali rolls pretty much every single time I go to a sushi restaurant. Just ate some tonight for dinner, in fact.
- Perfectly ripe bananas. Just past green, no brown spots, nice and firm. Mmmm.
- The smell of pine trees. I think it's because they remind me of my childhood. Ponderosas were my favourites to climb because of their nicely spaced branches. Pitchy though.
- Making lists & checking things off. I'll often write things on my To Do list that are really simple, just for the pleasure of ticking them off. Listicles kind of dovetails with this nicely...
- My old-school label maker. It's one of those that embosses the letters one at a time as you rotate a dial past the black plastic tape. I remember my dad's lunchbox had his name on it with a similar label in the 70s.
- The smell of a new book. I rarely buy books, except for Sprout, but I do enjoy burying my nose in the middle of the pages & inhaling whatever that smell is. Probably something terrible like the glue in the binding or the bleach used to whiten the paper pulp. Heh.
- Altering clothes. Sometimes it's just a nip or a tuck here to make them fit better. As the classic pear shape, I can rarely find dresses that fit both halves of my body, so alterations are essential unless the top is swimming on me or the hips are too tight. Other times it's just to add a bit more personality to the mass-produced stuff I (sadly) have so much of in my wardrobe.
- When Sprout holds my hand. While his hand is still much smaller than mine & while he still wants to actually hold my hand, I'll enjoy it.
Like what you see here? Subscribe to The Sprog & don't miss another post!