@NorthWestMommy do you have a list of words that make you smile? Maybe it's the way they sound or the meaning - perhaps a #mondaylisticles?When I saw this week's Listicles topic, I had an idea right away. I love language & after years of studying linguistics & watching Sprout acquire language, my favourite words are ones he uses, of course! When I thought of the words for the list, they all ended up being words that he doesn't pronounce properly. Which, I suppose makes them cuter.
— KerryRivera (@breadwinningmom) June 24, 2013
|"Look at all the sheepsiz!" at Maplewood Farm|
- owligator (elevator)
- window-door (sliding glass door--he made up his own word recently when visiting Oma & Opa. I guess he'd never heard the proper term before, as we don't have one at home.)
- kimmih (from c'mere, meaning 'I want you to pick me up', an old baby word that he continues to use, particularly when a bit upset.)
- bug feet (pins & needles sensation in the feet--love this one!)
- dwar (door)
- yogoot (yoghurt)
- bur (bear--when he says it, the word sounds like 'beurre')
- sheepsiz (sheep, plural--part of a recent trend of double-pluralizing things)
- pick-up-dump-twuck (pickup truck, I have no idea how this became combined with dump truck into one word. He knows they're different things)
- mama (no translation needed, I just love hearing him call me this)
What are your favourite words? Why do you like them?
Follow Spokesmama here too: