Nonetheless, I looked back through my list to see how I did on not changing any of the ten things. Here's my rundown:
- Eating pretty much whatever I want. I know dieting is on the resolutions list for a lot of people & I don't mean to put you down for that. I didn't go on a diet when I was pregnant--unless you count eating more ice cream, chocolate, chips & pretty much more of everything--a diet.
- Using social media every day. Yup, definitely didn't miss a day. I may try to manage my social media usage a little more this year, so I don't feel like I'm on so often that I may as well just get an implant.
- Staying in my pyjamas & bathrobe well into the afternoon on lazy days. Yup, definitely did a lot of this. Now that Bronte's born, getting out of my pyjamas before noon on days we don't have to go out really seems like an accomplishment.
- I'm going to keep trying to exercise an average of 40 minutes a day. This one I did fail at. I didn't excercise more than 40 minutes a day, but I'm pretty sure I didn't make the 40-minute average most of the year. Again, I use Bronte as my excuse.
- My hair colour. Didn't dye my hair--though I was tempted to at least use some temporary colour on it, as I have no dress codes to follow these days.
- Eating out. We did eat out quite a bit... until September. Then the restaurant eating nearly ceased. Getting all four of us ready & out the door to a restaurant is just a bit daunting at dinner time. We did snack at cafes a lot, but that's about it. Now that Bronte's older & a bit more predictable in terms of feeding times, I think we'll resume our weekly sushi dinners out.
- Wearing whatever I feel like. I had the excuse of being pregnant so people would give me a pass on what I was wearing, but I still managed some stylish-yet-comfy outfits thanks to lovely maternity hand-me-downs & the wonders of spandex.
- Watching crappy reality TV. Yup. Definitely nailed this one.
- Having a fairly disorganized house. Our house did not get more organized over the course of 2013, nope. Again, I plead pregnancy & newborn as my excuse.
- Writing Listicles! I was pretty consistent with joining in the fun, but sort of dropped out in the last few months. I do like the weekly challenge of coming up with a list according to someone else's topic though. Will have to add this in to my resolutions for 2014.
Follow Spokesmama here too: