|Enjoying our new deck is tops on the list.|
It's been a while since I participated in NorthWest Mommy's Listicles, but the new year seems like a great time to start again. & 10 Things New is a great way to begin 2014. Of course, I had to put my own spin on it. Some of them aren't totally new, or they're new for just Brontë, so I'm titling it 10 New Things I'm Looking Forward To This Year.
- Using our newly renovated back deck. It was finished literally hours before Brontë was born, then by the time we'd emerged from the newborn haze, the weather had cooled down enough that we weren't really able to take advantage of it with barbeques or just hanging out there.
- Getting back into shape again. If you read my New Year's resolutions, you'll remember that this was #1 on my list. I'm trying not to focus on fitness in terms of how I look or what clothing size I am, but rather how I feel. At the moment, I feel really winded if I need to chase Linnaeus down in the park, I get fatigued from hauling the stroller up the stairs to our front door & I just feel ungainly & slow when I run for a bus. I want to change that.
- Completing my first daily photo challenge: #365FeministSelfie. For more on that (you should join too!) read my post here.
- Camping with the kids. This isn't totally new: we've been camping before, but not since Linnaeus was born. Cross your fingers for me that it won't be a total gong show.
- Getting rid of some of the baby gear we've had around, waiting for child #2 to use it. By the end of the year, we'll be done with the exersaucer, standing table, activity mat, bassinet, swing, bath rest & probably a lot more that I've forgotten about.
- Getting a full night's sleep. None of this six-hours-a-night stuff: a whole eight hours straight. On a regular basis. Expecting this by the end of 2014 might just be jinxing myself with a baby & a three-year-old, but I'll keep dreaming, nonetheless.
- Brontë learning to talk. She's already very vocal, responding with squeals & burbles to people, & babbling away for a couple hours a day. I suspect she'll be an early talker.
- Saying goodbye to my twice daily pumping routine. I don't mind it most days--it's become routine & if it means baby B gets 100% breast milk because of it, then I'm willing to hold out for another few months. But I will be celebrating when I can quit!
- Doing Baby Led Weaning with Brontë. It was so much fun watching Linnaeus explore all the flavours & textures of food in his first year of solids. I'm excited to start it all over again with my daughter in March.
- The best one is last: Cycling with the whole family! As soon as Brontë's head is big enough to fit a helmet--I'm guessing that will be in May--we'll get her on wheels with the rest of us.
What are you looking forward to this year? I'd love to hear about it--leave me a comment! & if you liked this post, share it on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ with the share buttons below!
Follow Spokesmama here too: