|Fast food chicken fingers should be on this list...|
It's been a loooong time since I was single & these days I'm rarely even alone at all, but I still have some guilty pleasures when it comes to eating. I feel guiltiest when the things I secretly like are super processed, sugary, salty or just generally unhealthy. Which is most of the list.
- Campbell's soup--particularly tomato or cream of mushroom. As if the sodium-laced canned soup wasn't bad enough, I eat it with at least a dozen crushed saltines. Heh.
- Kraft Dinner (you Americans may know this as Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, but north of 49 we don't call it that). Again with the tons of salt. & cheese powder. So gross, but yet so yummy.
- Eating an entire bag of chips. I prefer the kettle cooked ones, but will eat pretty much any kind of potato chips, I'm not that picky when I get a bad craving.
- Rice with butter. I'll snack on this when we have leftovers--I just put a bunch of butter on a big bowl of rice & heat it in the microwave. Generally I'll sprinkle a little tamari sauce on too. The redeeming quality of this is that it's brown rice--we rarely eat white rice at home.
- Licking Nutella off a spoon.
- Eating chocolate chips. In our house, at least 75% of chocolate chips never make it into baking. Heh.
- Drowning pancakes or french toast in syrup. At least it's real maple syrup, but still...
- McDonald's breakfasts. It doesn't really matter whether it's a Sausage McMuffin or Breakfast Burritos, they're all full of sodium, fat & probably a number of other things I shouldn't be eating. But I still love me a good Mickey Dee's breakfast every once in a while.
- Jello. I've recently rediscovered my love for this jiggly stuff. I avoid looking at the ingredients list with who knows how many numbered food dyes & just enjoy the nostalgic squishy taste.
- Combining a can of corn & cubed cheddar, then eating it cold. It's really tasty, I tell you!
Follow Spokesmama here too: