Another month has flown by--I nearly forgot about Bronte's update. No crazy earth-shattering new skills or events, so here's a list:
- I think I can now say that B can officially run with both feet off the ground.
- She has many ways of making her demands understood, the latest & possibly most frequent of which is "I need a ___". She sat bolt upright early one morning & said, "I need a puppy". Then more recently, she told me she needed an octopus. Um, okay.
- Her taxonomy of animals: bugs, dogs, birds. She knows many many other animal names, but when confronted with them in real life, she tends to use only one of those three.
- Bronte loves to give people hugs & has thankfully stopped trying to poke everyone in the eyes.
- This girl loves eating meat, including fish. If you combine what she & her brother eat, it amounts to a very healthy diet.
- Unsurprisingly, B is somewhat obsessed with bike riding & asks to ride hers (got her a Bunzi) at least twice a day.
- At her 18 month vaccinations a few weeks ago, B was entirely unfazed. Bronte wanted to breastfeed, so the nurse gave her shot while she was latched. B frowned, but that was it: no crying at all.
- Bronte sings all day. She's added a few songs to her repertoire this month; the Firetruck Song, Old McDonald, Happy Birthday, Jingle Bells (not sure why now), Octopus (aka Slippery Fish).
- This girl is already pretty independent & starting to become a wanderer. I've started to really have to watch her closely when we're out since she recently mastered stepping off curbs. Eek.
Follow Spokesmama here too: