|Photo: GoToVan on Flickr|
Kick off the holiday season with a bike ride to the 2015 Vancouver Christmas Tree Lighting!
The Vancouver Christmas Tree Lighting is happening on Friday December 4th at Jack Poole Plaza. I don't know how I didn't know about this, as it's been going on for nine years. They'll be illuminating four magnificent trees--one is 50 feet tall!--with holiday lights. This is a family-friendly event featuring live entertainment, music, plus free cookies & hot chocolate, local food trucks & fun activities for kids. You'll have a chance to visit Santa there, & you can also stop by the Canada Post station to write a letter to him.
That's already reason enough to go, but in addition to the festivities, the tree lighting ceremony in Vancouver is for a great cause. Donations are encouraged to the Vancouver International Children’s Festival. If you can give a few dollars, it will help the Children’s Festival enrich the lives of children & keep the Festival affordable for everyone. Your contribution directly impacts the amazing outreach programs the Vancouver International Children’s Festival provides, such as the Good Neighbour Program, Adopt a Class & the Hospital Outreach Program, which brings Kidsfest to the children who can't make it to the site. Help keep the Vancouver International Children’s Festival vibrant in our community.
This all sounds awesome, right? Except for driving & parking downtown... that'll suck. So why not ditch the car & join us on a bike ride there instead? Here are the details of our ride:
- Friday, December 4, 2015
- Meet outside Science World at 5:00pm, leave at about 5:20pm
- The tree lighting festivities go from 5:30pm – 7:00pm, show begins at 6:00pm
- We'll take the separated lanes on Dunsmuir & Hornby to Jack Poole Plaza, at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
- Jingle Bells, reindeer antlers, Santa hats, & portable music players to blare holiday music are encouraged
- You're free to head home whenever you like--we'll probably leave around 7pm if you want to ride with us.
Please RSVP here on the O Christmas Tree Ride Facebook Event page & invite your friends!