I felt like I was more or less ready for the holidays, but then I remembered there's New Year's & resolutions to think about. Whoops. Here's a look back at last year's resolutions (you can see the full post here if you'd like) & how I did.
- Be more conscious of my language in front of the kids. I did manage to reduce some of the vocabulary I wanted to, like the word 'stupid', but utterly failed at quitting swearing.
- Take better care of myself. I did meet this goal in some ways, pursuing testing & imaging to figure out what was going on with my hip & shoulder. Then once I had a diagnosis, I sought out more information via the OASIS clinic. I got myself a cane & some nordic poles, as well as taking medication to manage pain better. I count my dieting as successful, having lost 25 pounds, which I believe has really made a difference in the frequency & severity of pain from my arthritic hip. I haven't been great at doing my physio exercises, however.
- Put a bit more effort into Spokesmama.com. Let's say this one is a work in progress. There were some times when I lost steam, but I did publish over 200 posts, which is about 4 a week.
- Volunteering. Unfortunately, I didn't donate blood more than the once. I did continue on with my involvement on the Board of Directors of the Mount Pleasant Family Centre Society, as well as joining the Active Transportation Policy Council & signing up to volunteer with the Immigrant Services of BC.
- Spend more time with family & friends. Despite my best intentions, this one fell prey to lack of time. & once Linny started school, it seemed like I had even less time with the restrictions of his school schedule. Oliver & I have managed to do at least monthly date nights the last few months, however, so maybe I can count that in?
All in all, I made some progress in most of the resolutions, but didn't really get it all done. Did you make resolutions this past year? If so, how did you do? If not, do you have an other way of setting goals for yourself?
Follow Spokesmama here too: