|What's better than a toy guitar? Its box!|
- Sprout has officially become a 'buddy' at Budding Children's Garden & Daycare. He's been there a few times now & loves all the toys they have. He seems pretty at ease there already, so I'm excited that I can start getting more time to work.
- He's actually pretty good at drinking from a cup now. We use straw cups or sippy cups when we're on bikes or he's in the stroller, though.
- Sprout has really been doing lots of imaginary play. His dolls & little Playmobil toys talk, make sounds, eat & do all sorts of things.
- On some of our rides along the sea wall, there have been pedestrians on our side, so I ring the bell & tell them they're on the bike path. Since then, Sprout has started randomly shouting, "Bike path!" during the day, whether we're cycling or not.
- For weeks now, Sprout has been waking up once every night between 2 & 4am. Rather than one of us trying to get him quieted down & back in his crib, Oli just brings him back to bed with us, where he instantly falls asleep again.
Passed out after noms.
- His favourite food continues to be cheese. I've still never seen him turn it down. He is eating less in general these days, though. I can't find any reason for it, so I think it might just be that toddler thing that so many kids seem to go through.
- Papa & Sprout found a dinged up little tow truck on the way to the park & Sprout has been carrying it around ever since. He's started to try to take his little toys with him whenever we go out. On Sunday we got to Car-Free Day on Main Street & I realized he was clutching his Playmobil horse in his hand.
- Along with the Little Pookie books, Sprout's favourites this week are Along a Long Road & Where the Wild Things Are. He really likes pointing out all the things he sees during the bike ride that makes up the story of Along a Long Road. I think this book is what made him walk along the yellow line in the road during Car Free Day on Main Street.
- Sprout has become obsessed with nipples. It doesn't surprise me that he's fond of mine, because he's still breastfeeding around four times a day. But it's his too: when I'm getting him dressed, as soon as his chest is bare, he says, "Nipples," & starts poking them.