|Age 5(?) in my figure skating costume|
Now that I've been a parent for two years--it's so cliched, but I have to say the time has flown by--I'm really starting to relate to my parents in a different way. As much as I whine about the things I wish my mom & dad had done, I know they tried their best & I think they did a lot right. Pretty much all the following are things that I want to do with Sprout too.
- had a vegetable garden so I would learn how food grows
- read to me every single day when I was little & read a lot themselves
- one-on-one daddy-daughter time
- family nature walks
- got me a bike (well, a series of them, as I grew up)
- took us camping regularly (no simple feat with three children under six)
- didn't buy me everything I wanted
- made sure I learned how to swim
- made me walk to school most of the time
- exposed me to various organized sports & other activities without over-programming my life or forcing me to stick with things I didn't like (I tried jazz dancing, figure skating, gymnastics, softball, Brownies, drawing, painting & more I can't even remember)
Why Monday lists? Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I've decided to do the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing.
Tea Swamp Park & Hula Seventy are not the only ones doing lists, however. Click on the Listicles badge to the left to check outNorthWestMommy's list & 'assignment' for next week.
Psst... The Sprog now has a Facebook page! Head on over & click 'like' to get even more Sproggy goodness delivered to your feed. :)