|Rain or shine, the bike rack must be played with.|
Without further ado, here's the update on Sprout at two years & seven months old:
- He's adjusted well to daycare & loves going every morning. It's very rare that there are any tears when dropping him off.
- He comes home with new songs & manners, plus skills like putting on his own pants, putting on shoes & taking off his coat all by himself.
- He's becoming more articulate, with few baby talk words left. They're not entirely gone, however--look for a post on "toddlerisms" later this week.
- The crafts are piling up--he's made a whole lot of things at daycare, including what I think is a paper toothbrush, binoculars, a decorated paper box for Valentine's Day, a tissue paper flower, a doll picture for Hinamatsuri, a bus made of a Kraft Dinner box)
- The regular routine is working out well, though Sprout sometimes wakes up on weekends expecting to go to Strongstart.
- I need to remember to keep him in the loop more--explaining what we're going to do & where we're going to go ahead of time.
- We've backed off on toilet training a bit, though he's made some progress in that department. I think we'll try getting a little more serious in the warmer months & aim to have him fully daytime trained by August.
- He's getting much more daring on his runner bike & pulling up feet for long glides.
- When we're on the way home from daycare, his obsession with bike racks makes the trip a fair bit slower. He likes to play on every single one he encounters like a mini-jungle gym.
Like what you see here? Subscribe to The Sprog & don't miss another post!