|Post-bath baby bundle of cuteness.|
- First smile. She started smiling for realz at about five weeks old. Every day she seems to do it more as her little personality starts to shine through.
- Sleeping through the night. Bronte, like her brother, is what is referred to as a 'good sleeper'. She started doing the odd four or five-hour stretch around a month old, then surprised us with eight hour stretches a few times in the last couple of weeks.
- Growing like crazy. When she was born, Bronte was 7 pounds 13 ounces & though her weight gain stalled a bit for a week due to breastfeeding issues, she's been making up for it by exceeding expectations in her quest to become truly chubby. She's almost 11 pounds now.
- First jeggings. My mom keeps bringing adorable little outfits when she comes over, so baby was wearing her first faux jeans before she was even a month old.
- First doctor's appointment. & second. & third... Due to breastfeeding issues--she's still not taking everything she can & I'm still not quite making as much as she needs--we've been going to see Dr. Lin at the Vancouver Breastfeeding Centre on the regular. Because of some surprising, but hopefully just cosmetic oddities on her bum, we've also seen a pediatrician, the head surgeon at BC Children's Hospital, as well as a handful of residents. Then she got a thrush rash that just wouldn't go away, so we took her to the Nurse Practitioner at our medical clinic. Luckily, she's healthy & doing well (see item #3) so not to worry.
- First bus ride. I remember taking a photo when we took Linnaeus on his first transit trip around a week old. Second child syndrome: I can't remember how old she was when I first took her on the bus, nor did I take a photo. It was probably en route to an appointment (see #5).
- Rolling over. I think it was just a fluke, as it hasn't happened since, but Bronte flipped herself from her front to her back at four weeks. She's quite active but not unhappy when put down for tummy time, so I predict she'll be crawling a lot earlier than her brother did.
- First cold. I think Bronte caught a mild cold from her brother around the time he started preschool. It wasn't too bad. Hopefully we can avoid some of the more virulent things going around this winter.
- First bath in the big tub. She hates baths in the sink & generally cries all the way through them. So I tried bringing her into the tub with me & she didn't fuss a bit, even when I brought her out of the warm water & left her wrapped in her towel on the bathroom floor while I dried off.
- First blogger meetup. I've been going to a lot more events lately & Bronte has served as my cutest accessory for many of them. She tends to sleep through the speakers & workshops, though, so I really don't know how much she's getting out of these events. ;)
Not bad for her first monthly update, I think. Linnaeus' is coming up in a few days. If you want to see more photos of the kids between updates, follow me on Instagram--just click on the little green camera icon below.
Follow Spokesmama here too: